jump to navigation

Developer ignored CM’s order August 3, 2007

Posted by wong jimmy in Open Space.
trackback
On September 17, 2005 Natural Justice Group (NJG) was surprised that the work on the controversial project on the Sabindo open space is still on despite an announcement by the Local Government and Housing Ministry to halt.
NJG Chairman Jimmy Wong said the developer had ignored the directive and work is still on.
“We ask that a committee be formed and the three deputy chief ministers to be in the committee and if possible headed by the Chief Minister in order to win back the public confidence,” he said.
He said the Tawau people unanimously support the government not to compensate the developer and also called for an investigation on the five open space in Sabindo that had been given out for commercial development, and on the completed Sabindo Square as they believe abuse of power took place to get the project approved.
“The about 4 acres Sabindo Square should be for bus terminal and had been gazetted to ease traffic congestion but the opposite was done. The site was made into a commercial area and busses were only given roofing and it does not look like a terminal,” he said.
“We call on the minister involve to see the situation at Sabindo Square,” he said. 
“The problem (open space) is very big and involvement of high authorities is needed. All such project that is not right should be investigate and any government authority that approved the project should be responsible,” he said.
Advertisements

Comments»

No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: